Salespanel helps create powerful segmentation systems that can be used to drive marketing automation based on customer data and behavioral patterns. Segments can be used to power anything from simple automated triggers to complex multi-level automation sequences.
If you are not familiar with Segments, it is a feature provided by Salespanel to help you segment leads/customers in real-time based on various individual, firmographic and behavioral data attributes.
Segments on Growth+ plans can also fetch data from 3rd party platforms and a customer’s business database/CRM.
To read more about Segments, please refer to this article.
Marketing automation with Segments
Segments can be used to trigger various automation modules using Salespanel API, Zapier and/or direct triggers. The complete powers are unlocked with Salespanel’s RESTful API but many automated processes can be created with Zapier without any coding.
Guide on getting started with Zapier
Documentation of Salespanel API
In this article, we will share some automation workflows that can be triggered by Zapier. If you have a use case in mind, please get in touch with us and we will share with you it can be accomplished with either Zapier or API.
Common Use Cases
1. Segment out leads who match with qualification requirements and sync them to CRM
Create a lead qualification segment on Salespanel based on various profile and activity data points like page visits and company information. Leads who qualify for your feed will immediately be added to your CRM.
- Create a Segment on Salespanel
- Leads who qualify for the Segment are added in real-time.
- Set up a Zapier workflow to add a deal/contact to your CRM. All commonly used CRMs like Pipedrive, Hubspot, Salesforce support Zapier.
- Leads get automatically exported to your CRM when they qualify for the Feed.
2. Generate notifications for sales when leads reach a lead score
Create a Segment where leads are added when they cross the desired score. When they cross the score, your sales team can be alerted through emails, push notifications or through a team messaging platform like Slack.
For emails and push notifications:
- Create a Segment on Salespanel with parameter Lead Score: Is equal to or Greater than: <Your desired score>.
- Before saving the Segments, you will be prompted for notification preferences.
- Add your team members for notifications and emails.
For a customer messaging platform (eg: Slack):
Create a Segment on Salespanel with parameter Lead Score: Is equal to or Greater than: <Your desired score>.
Create a workflow on Zapier by selecting the Segment for Salespanel and choosing your messaging platform. Slack supports Zapier out of the box.
Select the person or channel you want to notify and complete the setup.
A message is automatically sent to your team members or Slack channel when leads cross the desired score.
3. Send leads tailored content by segmenting them and exporting them to your email marketing software
Create segments on Salespanel based on customer profiles and export them to your email marketing software to send tailored campaigns.
- Create Segments on Salespanel.
- Create workflows on Zapier to send leads from Feeds to your email marketing software with respective tags. Zapier supports all commonly used email marketing software like MailChimp or ConvertKit.
- Leads get automatically exported when they qualify for segments.
There are many more use cases that can be accomplished with Segments. You can also create automation modules with multiple steps using Zapier or Salespanel API. This was just an introduction to the available solution. Please checkout our implementation section to have a look at different strategies in detail.
Let us know if you need any help.