In this article, we will discuss how the solution allows you to set up Segments using the available data options. For a quick overview of lead segmentation with Salespanel and commonly used use cases, please refer to this article.
Setting up Segments
- Visit the Segment section from the left side panel on your dashboard.
- Click on Create Segment to start creating your Segment.
- On the Segment creator, you will find a variety of data attributes that you can use to filter out your leads. You can also use a combination of multiple data filters for one Segment. The data attributes available for Segment creation are:
- Lead Source: The source from which lead visited or the UTM tracking parameter used for the landing page
- City: The city from which the lead visited.
- Region: Geographical region from where a lead visited.
- Country: The country from which the lead visited.
- Last activity in (days): The last time a lead was tracked while performing an activity. Use this filter to filter out active/inactive leads.
- Contact type: Filter out contacts based on contact types (Leads, Visiting Companies, Anonymous Visitors).
- Email address: Filter based on the email address.
- URL visited: Filter based on desired URL visit (example: Pricing page visit).
- Email opened: Filter based on how many emails a lead opened.
- Open an email with subject: Filter based on if a lead has opened an email with a particular subject.
- Website visits: Filter based on how many times a lead has visited your website.
- Company Size: Filter based on company size.
- Form submitted on URL: Filter based on forms lead submit on your website.
- Lead Score: Filter based on lead score. Use this option to filter out leads who have high/low lead scores.
- Assigned to: Filter leads based on which team members they are assigned to.
Custom data points created through 2-way integrations are also available on Growth and above plans.
Once you have selected the desired filters, click Save Feed to save the Segment. You can also get a quick preview by clicking the Preview button.
That’s it. When a lead shows characteristics relevant to the Segment, he/she will be added to it in real-time.
After completing the steps, you will be directed to Trigger Section. This is an optional setup. You can set up triggers like Email and Browser notifications out of the box so that you can notify yourself or your team about leads who are qualified for a Segment. You can choose to set up browser notifications or email notifications.
General-purpose triggers are available through Zapier. To set up notifications to other 3rd party applications (like Slack), you will need to use our Zapier integration. We are continuously adding new triggers.
Please let us know if you need any help.