Salespanel’s Salesforce integration helps you sync visitor intelligence, tracking, and lead qualification data to your CRM in real time. You can send lead data from Salespanel to Salesforce such as lead score, quality score, visit summary, total visits, etc. along with all the activities done by the lead. You can control how you want to sync your Salespanel leads, the owner of a new lead/contact created by Salespanel along with other settings. Also, if you are syncing the Salespanel lead as a “Lead” in Salesforce and the lead gets converted to a “Contact”.
Salespanel will automatically transfer all the data from the old lead to the new contact so that you don’t lose historical data.
Salesforce integration has 3 steps:
- Install the package
- Authorize Salespanel to make API calls
- Update your page layout in Salesforce to view the data
Let’s go through the steps one by one.
Install the package
1. Go to Plugins & Integration section on Salespanel and find the Salesforce integration section, or visit this page.
2. You will see two options - Activate in Production Account (to install directly on your main system) or Sandbox Account (for testing).
3. Click on the “Install” button in the desired environment. This will open a link where you can install the Salespanel package in your Salesforce account.
4. Select the option “Install for all users” so that every user in your account can see the Salespanel data.
Authorize Salespanel to make API calls
Once the package is installed, head back to Salespanel and click on the “Authorize” button for the environment where you installed the Salespanel package.
Click on “Allow”. This will allow Salepanel to send data to your Salesforce account.
Now Salespanel can start syncing the data of leads to your Salesforce account.
Update your page layout in Salesforce to view the data
Salespanel adds custom fields to your “Contact” and “Lead” objects in Salesforce. All of these fields are prefixed by “SP” so that you can easily identify them.
All you need to do is drag and drop the Salespanel fields into your page layouts for “Contact” and “Lead”
1. Go to the Object Manager section in your Salesforce Setup.
2. Go to “Contact” and click on “Page Layouts.”
3. Select the page layout you use.
4. Drag and drop the fields prefixed by “SP” to the contact detail section.
5. Select “Related Lists” and drag and drop the component for “Salespanel Visitor Activities.”
6. Click on “Save”.
7. Repeat the same process for the “Lead” object in Object Manager as well.
That’s it, your Salesforce setup is done.
Configuring Salesforce Sync Settings
Once you install the Salepanel package successfully, you will be able to see the button to go to the “Salesforce Sync Settings” page.
These settings will help you customize your Salesforce integration and data triggers according to your needs.
Here are the available configurations:
1. Sync leads as: Lead or Contact in Salesforce.
2. Create a new object (Lead/Contact) if it does not already exist in Salesforce.
3. Assign the default owner to the object created.
By default, Salespanel will create the leads/contacts with the default owner as the admin user whose account was used to install the Salespanel package in your Salesforce account. If you want to change it, make sure that the user you select has the necessary permissions to become the contact owner.
4. Keep syncing data after a lead has been converted.
Once a lead has been converted to a contact, Salespanel will transfer all the data to the contact, but new data will only be synced if this setting is ON.
If you need any help during the setup or want to know more about how the integration can be useful for you, please let us know.