Salespanel.io provides a comprehensive solution for tracking and analyzing visitor behavior, allowing you to create customized experiences for your website visitors. In this guide, we will walk you through setting up scoring rules, creating segments, and implementing website triggers to personalize your website based on visitor attributes and actions.
Step 1A: Create Scoring Rules
- Define the actions and behaviors you believe indicate a qualified lead. For example, spending more than 10 seconds on the pricing page or visiting multiple pages within a certain time frame.
- Create scoring rules within Salespanel.io for each of these actions and assign point values to them. You can also create negative scoring rules for actions that might indicate a visitor is not a qualified lead, such as spending time on the careers page.
- Salespanel.io will score both identified leads and anonymous visitors based on the rules you set.
- This script will provide a JSON object containing visitor attributes and scores, which can be used to customize the website experience in real-time.
- For example, if the visitor score is greater than 30, you can trigger a pop-up or display a case study relevant to the visitor's industry.
Step 2A: Create Segments
- Define specific criteria for creating segments based on visitor actions and attributes.
- Combine multiple conditions to create highly targeted segments, such as visitors from a specific campaign or those with a certain level of engagement.
- Save the segment and proceed to the trigger section.
Step 2B: Implement Website Triggers
- This can be used to show personalized content, messages, or offers to visitors based on their segment.
- Note that website triggers will only work for identified leads and accounts, not anonymous visitors.
Salespanel.io offers a powerful platform for tracking visitor behavior and personalizing your website based on their actions and attributes. By implementing scoring rules, segments, and website triggers, you can create a tailored experience for your visitors, increasing engagement and conversion rates. Experiment with these features and refine your approach as you gather data on visitor behavior. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team.